The Ospedale was started to be built in 1456 by Francesco Sforza, one of his greatest public works, a massive hospital with separate wings for men and women, each based around four courtyards. The vast central Cortile Maggiore was added in the 17th Century, along with the Annunciazione church. The entire hospital moved elsewhere in 1939, to be replaced by the University of Milan. Following is a photo of the Cortile Maggiore and brief movie. Then the same for one of the 15th century court yards.
Next to the old hospital was a church called San Nazaro Maggiore. This basilica was built by Saint Ambrose in 382-6 AD to house the remains of the Apostles Abdrew, John and Thomas, which is why it was known as the Basilica Apostolorum. It was dedicated to San Nazaro when his remains - found by St Anbrose near the basilica and were buried there in 396. It was rebuilt after a fire in 1076. Sadly San Nazaro Maggiore was closed today and so have only a photo of the church and the memory of its bells chiming.